In Connecticut there are three main types of cockroaches found in home and businesses: the German Cockroach, the American Cockroach, and The oriental Cockroach. If you have a cockroach problem in Connecticut take care of it immediately, these nasty insects can breed very quickly. They have a very unpleasant odor and cockroaches contaminate any food or things they come in contact with. They carry an assortment of serious diseases including: salmonella, typhoid, dysentery, and gastrointestinal illness. The poop or cockroach droppings can also cause asthma and eczema.
There are some things you can do to protect your home or business in Connecticut from a cockroach infestation.
Connecticut cockroach prevention tips:
- Seal any entry points around your home or business to exclude cockroaches from entering in the first place
- if you live or have a business in a common building with other tenants seal around gaps in the wall, molding and trim, and outlets so that your next-door neighbors cockroach problem doesn’t become yours
- store foodstuffs in sealed containers
- Clean up all food and liquid spills, especially under refrigerator, sinks, and stoves
- Kerpgarbage in sealed bins
- Don’t leave out pet food overnight
A cockroach problem can become unmanageable quickly if left untreated or worse, treated improperly. If you have a cockroach problem in Connecticut it’s best to have it taken care of by a professional.